If you have been injured in an accident involving a large 18 wheeler / diesel or commercial truck, our law office specifically represents both the victims and their families in these types of auto accident cases. Our Corpus Christi truck accident injury attorneys have handled many of Corpus Christi truck accident cases with tremendous success. There are many different scenarios in each Texas commercial truck accident case which can be very different from the next. In some instances, simply because the driver caused the accident, it doesn’t necessarily mean they were solely at fault, however in most cases, there are many different scenarios as to why a truck driver is the cause of an auto accident which causes injury to victims or even death.
In so many truck accidents, in which a large commercial truck or 18 wheeler collides with a standard auto, SUV or trucks, the impact of the collision can result in serious or permanent injury, sometimes death is a direct result of this type of traffic accident. In the event of an injury our Coprus Christi truck accident attorneys represent the victim for the following:
- Compensation for pain and suffering
- Compensation for permanent injury
- Compensation for loss of time at work or lost wages, including lost future wages in the event of permanent disability
- Compensation for property damage
- Compensation for medical treatment and hospital care
In the event of a death occurring as a direct result of a trucking accident, your Corpus Christi truck accident attorneys can represent immediate families as victims of a wrongful death lawsuit in the State of Texas. Our Corpus Christi truck accident attorneys will seek a financial settlement on our clients’ behalf for all of the above, in addition to a loss of life. Who is eligible to file a wrongful death claim? Only immediate family for example, a brother, sister, spouse, mother, father, son or daughter can initiate a wrongful death claim as a result of a trucking accident that resulted in the death of an immediate family member.
Texas truck accidents in general can have several responsible parties and not the driver alone. As previously stated, just because a truck driver’s 18 wheeler caused the truck accident, it does not necessarily mean he or she is at fault for the accident. Here are some common reasons for a truck accident:
- Driver lost site of vehicle on the road
- Driver was not paying attention
- Driver was falling asleep
- Driver was texting
- Driver error
- Mechanical malfunction ( if this was due to a mechanical error, the mechanic shop may be at fault)
- Manufacturer malfunction ( this has to do with the make and model of the truck as well as how it was built)
- Cargo Company responsibility if the loading company loaded the 18 wheeler with too much cargo than it can haul.
- The company or employer of the driver may be at fault for failing to inspect vehicle, or allowing too much cargo on board, and can be at fault for providing unethical incentives for rush delivery causing the driver to sacrifice sleeping hours in order to obtain financial incentives
There can be a variety of reasons and aiding factors that can ultimately cause 18 wheeler commercial trucks to crash into vehicles on the road, including road conditions, visibility factors, and other situations. At our law firm we specifically handle these types of complex auto accident cases. Call us today for a free case review and talk with an experienced Coprus Christi truck accident lawyer