Injured in a truck accident, meaning you were struck by a large commercial truck in traffic?. Our Fort Worth truck accident injury attorneys have handled hundreds of Fort Worth truck accident cases with tremendous success. There are many different situations in each Texas commercial truck accident case which can differ from the others. In some situations, just because the driver caused the accident, it doesn’t necessarily mean it was their fult, however in most cases, there are many reasons why a truck driver is the cause of an auto accident which causes injury to victims or even death.
In truck accidents, in which a large commercial truck or 18 wheeler collides with a standard auto, SUV or trucks, the impact of the collision can result in serious or permanent injury, sometimes death is a direct result of this type of auto wreck. In the event of an injury our Fort Worth truck accident attorneys represent the victim for the following:
- Compensation for pain and suffering
- Compensation for permanent injury
- Compensation for loss of time at work or lost wages, including lost future wages in the event of permanent disability
- Compensation for property damage
- Compensation for medical treatment and hospital care
In the event of a death occurring as a direct result of a trucking accident, your Fort Worth truck accident attorneys can represent immediate families as victims of a wrongful death lawsuit in the State of Texas. Our Fort Worth truck accident attorneys will aggressively fight for a large settlement on our clients’ behalf for all of the above, in addition to a loss of life. Who can initiate a wrongful death claim? Only immediate family for example, a brother, sister, spouse, mother, father, son or daughter can initiate a wrongful death claim as a result of a trucking accident that resulted in the death of a loved one.
Texas truck accidents in general can have several responsible parties and not the driver alone. As previously stated, just because a truck driver’s 18 wheeler caused the truck accident, it does not necessarily mean he or she is at fault for the incident. Here are some common reasons for a truck accident:
- Driver lost site of vehicle on the road
- Driver was not paying attention
- Driver was falling asleep
- Driver was texting
- Driver error
- Mechanical malfunction ( if this was due to a mechanical error, the mechanic shop may be at fault)
- Manufacturer malfunction ( this has to do with the make and model of the truck as well as how it was built)
- Cargo Company responsibility if the loading company loaded the 18 wheeler with too much cargo than it can haul.
- The company or employer of the driver may be at fault for failing to inspect vehicle, or allowing too much cargo on board, and can be at fault for providing unethical incentives for rush delivery causing the driver to sacrifice sleeping hours in order to obtain financial incentives
There can be various reasons and aiding factors that can ultimately cause 18 wheeler commercial trucks to collide with vehicles on the road. At our law firm we specifically handle these types of complex auto accident cases. Call us today for a free consultation and talk with an experienced Fort Worth truck accident lawyer